Most people know Starbucks as the coffee chain that has taken over the world.
But how did it all start? The story of Starbucks begins in 1971, when three friends came together to open a coffee shop in Seattle.
The three founders were Jerry Baldwin, an English teacher; Zev Siegl, a history teacher; and Gordon Bowker, a writer.
The first Starbucks location was actually a tiny coffee shop inside of a Seattle store called Pike Place Market. The founders chose the name “Starbucks” for their coffee shop because it evoked the nautical theme of the market and because it sounded exotic and mysterious.
In the early days of the business, the founders faced a lot of challenges. They had trouble sourcing high-quality coffee beans, and their early customers weren’t impressed by their offerings. But with hard work and persistence, Starbucks eventually grew into the global brand that we know today.
Today, Starbucks is one of the most recognizable brands in the world, and its coffee shops can be found in cities across the globe. The company is also a major player in the global coffee industry, with over 20,000 locations in more than 60 countries.
Starbucks has come a long way since its humble beginnings in a Seattle market. Thanks to the vision and determination of its founders, it has become one of the most well-known and successful brands in the world. Whether you’re a coffee connoisseur or just a casual drinker, Starbucks is sure to have something for everyone. So if you’re looking for a delicious cup of coffee, be sure to stop by your local starbucks today!
Some Interesting Facts around Starbucks:
- Starbucks was founded in 1971 by three partners in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market.
- The first Starbucks store outside of North America opened in Tokyo, Japan in 1996.
- Starbucks is the world’s largest coffeehouse chain, with over 23,000 locations worldwide.
- Starbucks sells more than 4 million coffee drinks per day.
- There are over 87,000 different ways to order a drink at Starbucks.
- The most popular Starbucks drink is the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which was introduced in 2003.
- The first Frappuccino was invented in 1995.
- Starbucks baristas make over 150,000 cups of coffee per day.
- The average Starbucks customer visits the store six times per month.
- There are over 200 different flavors of coffee available at Starbucks stores.
- The shortest Starbucks drink order is “Tall Half-Caf Nonfat Soy Latte” while the longest is “Venti Quad Decaf Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte with Extra Whip and Caramel Drizzle and Sprinkles”.
- Starbucks opened its first store in Europe in 1998.
- The first Starbucks store in South America opened in 2002 in Lima, Peru.
- There are over 1,000 Starbucks stores in Canada.
- The first Starbucks store in Africa opened in Cairo, Egypt in 2009.
- Starbucks has a secret menu with items such as the “Cadbury Creme Egg Frappuccino” and the “Nutella Frappuccino”.
- You can get a “Puppuccino” for your dog at Starbucks. It’s a cup of whipped cream.
- The Siren on Starbucks’ logo is named “Melody”.
- Starbucks released its first line of coffee beans in 1995.
- The first Starbucks store in China opened in 1999.
- Starbucks plans to open over 500 stores in China by 2021.
- There are over 3,000 Starbucks stores in Japan.
- The first Starbucks store in India is set to open in 2019.
- Starbucks opened its first store in Australia in 2000.
- There are over 85,000 employees working at Starbucks around the world.
Whether you’re a coffee lover or just enjoy the occasional Frappuccino, there are plenty of interesting facts about Starbucks that you may not have known. From its global reach to its secret menu and special drinks for pets, this popular coffee chain has something for everyone! So the next time you find yourself at your local Starbucks, be sure to check out some of these fun facts and see how much you really know about this iconic brand.