- Being overweight or obese can have a major impact on our whole life.
- Apart from hurting our self-esteem, it can also lead to various health issues.
- Recent studies link it with common diseases, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- Moreover, statistics show that nowadays, more and more people start to have weight problems with some of them right from childhood.
- You can find numerous fad diets, but very few provide a sustainable solution. They tend to lead to temporary weight loss that comes back after a few months or no results at all.
- That’s why we’ve compiled a list with proven weight loss tips that will lead to long-lasting results.
Losing weight is a lot more than starting a diet and decreasing your daily calorie intake. Think of your weight loss journey as a set of healthy lifestyle changes that you need to introduce. If you want your results to last, you’ll have to get rid of poor habits that could be dragging you down.
Few people realize that even simple things like not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, and stress can significantly contribute to poor weight management.
What Is The 3-Day Diet Plan?
The 3-day diet plan or the so-called military diet has a few simple rules. It requires you to follow a low-calorie diet for the first three days of one week and then return to your normal way of eating for the remaining four days. The calories allowed during the 3 days are 1,400, 1,200, and 1,100, respectively.
There’s also a shopping list with specific foods and beverages to help you come up with meals to get you through the day.
Overall, the military plan can be a simple diet to lose weight in the short term. However, it’s not very sustainable in the long term and could cause health issues since some foods are high in salt, sugar, and saturated fats.
10 Proven Weight Loss Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle
1. Evaluate Your Eating Habits – It’s not always about what you eat. Your eating habits can also be slowing you down without your knowledge. Are you in the habit of eating late at night? According to studies, nighttime eating is associated with a significantly higher risk for obesity and cardiometabolic diseases because of various effects on our metabolism. Also, abstaining from skipping meals is the number one tip to stop overeating.
2. Keep A Food and Weight Diary – Keeping track of your calorie intake, food choices, and weight can be an excellent way to stay on top of things and evaluate your progress. There are mobile apps and dedicated websites that can help you track everything in a fun and engaging way.
3. Practice Regular Physical Activity – While having a balanced and nutritious diet is key, losing weight would be very challenging without the second pillar of a healthy lifestyle – regular exercise. The latter is vital for shedding fat and also for your overall physical and mental health.
If you’re not into sports that much, you can start slowly by engaging regularly in brisk walking, gardening, dancing, and even walking your dog. Overall, any type of activity that can take you off the couch and help you break a sweat will be very beneficial.
4. Don’t Forget About Liquid Calories – When tracking your daily calories, don’t forget to include the liquid ones, too. Sugary beverages, such as soda and juices are also packed with calories. What’s more, it’s very easy to ingest a lot of them since they are liquid.
Additionally, few people are aware that alcohol contains a staggering seven calories per gram. It’s even worse when you add in mixer drinks, such as cola or tonic.
5. Get Enough Sleep – Sleep deprivation is another factor that can contribute to weight gain and obesity. It can interfere with our metabolism, amplify stress, and increase visceral fat. It also has various other adverse effects on our overall health.
Aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night to avoid the consequences of sleep deprivation altogether.
6. Drink Plenty of Water – Drinking plenty of water can benefit cell metabolism, help you eliminate toxins, and burn more calories. Also, a good tip to stop overeating is to drink a cup of water before meals. It can make you feel fuller and suppress your appetite. You can use it to replace unhealthy sugary beverages to cut back on sugar and calories. For a start, aim for 9 to 13 cups of water a day.
7. Control Your Stress Levels – Chronic stress has a myriad of adverse effects on our bodies. It can contribute to various health issues, including obesity, high blood pressure, heart conditions, and type 2 diabetes.
If you find yourself under too much pressure, make sure you try to look for effective stress management strategies. Yoga, massages, and sports can be a brilliant start.
Also, some of the best weight loss pills contain ingredients that can reduce your stress levels.
8. Set Realistic Goals – When trying to lose weight, it’s crucial to set realistic goals, as failing to meet your expectation can be a huge blow to your motivation and self-esteem.
Start with small steps and acknowledge success on the way. Also, if you’re looking for a natural weight loss supplement to help you on your journey, consider checking a few Truvy reviews.
9. Use A Smaller Plate – Using a smaller plate when eating can help you consume less food. The idea is to trick your brain that you’re consuming more than you are since the food is all packed on a smaller plate. However, recent studies show that the relations might be more complex, and this trick might not work if we are very hungry.
10. Plan Meals Ahead – Having a simple diet to lose weight is one thing, but planning will significantly benefit your metabolism and make you more productive.
You can use a mobile app to create a schedule for the following week or day and cook meals beforehand to make things easier on yourself.
How Weight Loss Supplements Can Benefit You
Proper lifestyle changes are crucial when trying to lose weight. However, you can also opt for some outside help in the form of dietary supplements. These will provide you with vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts that can benefit weight loss and your overall health.
If you’re not sure which one to choose, you can start by checking out a few Truvy reviews from other customers
That’s how simple weight loss tips can significantly help you through your weight loss journey and bring results that last.
Remember to think of weight loss as a set of positive lifestyle changes you’re introducing to your life rather than a temporary change in diet.
Also, don’t forget to look up the best weight loss pills and pick an option of your liking.